Trees of Avalon Gathering
Rules and Policies
April 6 – 9, 2023
Kiwanis Camp 19300 SE 3rd Street Silver Springs, Florida 34488
If there are any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Law:
- The festival management, staff, and all attendees must abide by all Federal, State, and Local laws.
- NO MEANS NO.
- DO NOT CROSS the taped-off areas. This is for your safety.
- All attendees and staff will be checked against the Florida State Sexual Offender and Predators database. Anyone registered on that database will not be allowed on the property.
- Festival and Church management reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone upon their discretion.
- Anyone violating these rules and policies may be asked to leave the site without a refund and management may call the authorities if deemed necessary.
- No Ground Fires: All fires must be in a fire pit with a screen cover. Guardians and Staff will put out any unattended flames including flames/fires/candles, etc.
- All attendees must wear their wristbands at all times. If lost, please get a new one issued to you at Registration right away. Those without a wristband will be asked to leave the property.
- The festival opens to attendees at 12 pm Thursday and all attendees must be off property by 1 pm on Sunday. Vendors will be allowed on-site at 8 am Thursday and must be off-site by 3 pm Sunday.
- Gate Closing Hours: Thursday and Friday at 8 pm. Saturday at 6 pm.
- No refunds due to weather.
Keep it clean:
- This is a “Leave No Trace” event. Thus your area must be clean when you vacate the site. Please use the dumpsters on-site to dispose of your trash. Recycling containers for aluminum cans will be available on site.
- If you are getting a bunk you are responsible for making sure the area is kept clean and things put away.
- If you are not bunking, please do not enter the bunkhouses without permission from the residents.
- Children under the age of 10 years may not go about unattended. A parent/guardian or sibling of at least 14 years of age must be within line of sight and within 30 feet of a child at all times.
Fires Circle Rules:
- This is Sacred Fire; DO NOT place ANYTHING in the fire for any reason without express permission from the head fire tender.
- No Sharp Objects – please leave all athames, knives, etc. at your campsite.
- No Glass or Ceramic Containers – please use plastic and or unbreakable vessels.
- Please observe all common community Fire/Drum Circle rules such as not touching other people’s property, no stepping on other’s blankets, do not touch anyone’s musical instruments or tools without permission, etc.
- Be mindful of everyone’s personal space.
- Smoking and Vaping can cause some people discomfort. Please be mindful of those around you and always stay at least 20ft away from workshop areas, fire circle, etc. while partaking.
- Fieldstrip and police your butts and if possible carry a portable ashtray with you and always dispose of your butts in your personal trash.
Skyclad – Adults Only:
- Skyclad is only allowed at Fire Circle during designated hours. Skyclad is from 10 pm to 1 am Friday and Saturday only.
- No Photography or Video at Fire Circle. We prefer you leave your phones at your camp. If you are caught using a recording device at the fire circle at the above times you will be escorted off the site immediately.
- Any adult attending Fire Circle during those hours must come to and leave the area legally clothed.
- When Skyclad you must stay within the circle of benches around the Fire Circle.
- Minors are not allowed at Fire Circle during Skyclad hours. Must be 18 years of age to attend Fire Circle during Skyclad hours. Please check your minors into the Fae Field Activity area, the Teen Fire area, or leave them at your camp with a responsible adult
Medical Marijuana & Alcohol:
- If you have a medical need and have been given a prescription for medical marijuana, in any form, including edibles, etc., you must keep your prescription card on you at all times and must produce said card if asked for it by festival staff. You may not partake of your medicine outside the privacy of the designated area.
- Please enjoy your alcohol responsibly.
- You may NOT sell alcohol nor may you sell a recipe or any item and give away alcohol for free with purchase. You must have an ATF license to do so.
Photography and Video Capture:
- If you wish to take any photos or videos with any device, including your phone, you must sign our Photography Waiver at Registration. You must get permission from any and all persons in your photo/video before posting online or in a public place.
- Parking passes must be displayed on your dash on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- If you leave the site during the festival, you will not be able to drive to your campsite. You must park in the parking lot and carry your supplies from there. Golf carts will be driving around to assist when possible.
- On Sunday you must pack up your campsite first, if assistance is available, we will try to accommodate you to your car.
- Be mindful that you must keep your vehicle outside the tree line. Please bring a wagon or something similar if you need assistance.
- NO PETS!
- The only exception to this is fully trained service animals as per the ADA. No “in training” service animals will be allowed on site.
- We do request that service animals wear their vest while working for the safety of both the animal and owner. Service animals per ADA are dogs and miniature horses.
- Comfort animals are not allowed at any time.
- Aggressive service animals may be asked to leave and/or not return at the next festival.
- For more information on service animals please visit https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html.
- Any questions, comments, issues, emergencies regarding service animals please contact a board member, staff member, or a Guardian.
- Generators: any generator used by attendees must be a “whisper” generator that has the EPA approval seal for no pollution or leaking. You will be asked to camp away from the quiet zone.
- Please be mindful of others’ personal space and do not remove or touch items on altars, inside tents, in any sacred space, or in vehicles.
- Please do not take any horseplay to an extreme.